- you`ll need a device (hifi / tape player / ghetto blaster etc) with a headphone socket (or line out socket) and your computer.
- you`ll also need a cable to connect your device to your computer (the type of cable needed will depend on the device you are connecting)
- if you are connecting from the headphone socket of your device you will need a stereo 3.5mm mini jack to 3.5mm mini jack cable (pic 1)
- if you are connecting from the line out socket of your device you will need a stereo phono to 3.5mm mini jack cable (pic 2)
both cables are easily obtained from ebay
- connect one end of the cable to your device headphone socket (or line out socket) and the other end to your computers line in socket (usually coloured blue & located next to the speaker socket on the back of
- All you need now is software to record the incoming music. There are many programs available online for this purpose, here is just a couple for you to try
or go to www.download.com for a program, or search google for a program.